The Language Centre provides education and exams for bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programmes of study at the Faculty of Arts.
We teach the following languages:
Our educational activities include:
· General language teaching
· Technical, academic, and specific-purpose language teaching
· Courses focusing on language skills (academic reading and writing, presentation skills, creative writing)
· Specialised field-related courses
· Courses for Erasmus students (e.g., teaching German and Latin via English; courses in English on Czech literature, culture, and history)
· Instruction for the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague
· Instruction for CU employees and the general public (University of the Third Age and lifelong learning courses)
· Supporting student autonomy
· Collaborative and project-based learning
· Intercultural communication
· CLIL and LMI methods
· E-learning and blended learning
Exams at the Language Centre of the Faculty of Arts:
· B2-level exams in the respective languages
· Academic Reading exam
· UNIcert international exam
· Foreign language doctoral exams
· Membership in the CASALC (Czech and Slovak Association of Language Centres) and the international organisation CERCLES
Our teachers take part in inter-university exchanges as well as the Erasmus+ international programmes.
We participate in and host educational workshops on a regular basis, engaging in extensive grant and project activities.
Apart from publishing scholarly literature, our teachers write reviews, translate, and some even publish their own fiction.